Saturday, February 04, 2006

BuckeyeThon

I am currently at BuckeyeThon- a 14 hour dance marathon to raise money for Children's Hospital. While this isn't exactly lawyer/law professor/law student related, I think this is an important event that everyone should know about. Everyone who registers as a dancer raising money (their goal is $150 for each dancer) and then dance for 14 hours straight (9pm-11am). The dancers are divided into different color teams who dance for a specific child in need. My team, the yellow team, is dancing for a 12 year-old girl with heart problems. She will be stopping by with her parents around 9am. I know that the little money each of us is raising won't make a huge difference, but I hope it can help. I also hope that knowing we are dancing for them will help brighten their day.

There are lots of different activities here for the dancers to while we are waiting (access to Macs is one of them.) There are board games, magazines, video games, crafts, and different sports. The only rule is that you can't sit down for the full 14 hours. That is a long time in the middle of the night. Again, as I said before, I know this isn't really law related, but I just wanted to let people know what's going on and what people are doing to raise money for children in need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home